8/23/2009

We're here in Maine!

We arrived in Maine about a week ago. It's lovely here, but it's been pretty hot and muggy! Two days after arriving, Nathan got on a plane to go to England for his brother's wedding. He's having a great time and gets back this Tuesday. I'm so glad he got the opportunity to go, but it's an odd experience to have your husband bring you to a pretty foreign place and then take off for a week. If it wasn't for his sister Elizabeth and her family, I'd be feeling pretty forsaken. Instead, I'm having a great time. We've gone swimming a few times, we spent some time in Bangor, and we've eaten some wicked good food. It kind of feels like I'm on a long vacation with all our belongings. Strange. Anyway, I paid our first months rent for a little apartment yesterday. We won't actually get moved in until Nathan gets back in a couple days, but I'm looking forward to getting settled. Our apartment is quirky, but cute. And it's in a great part of town... convenient to the police station, library, post office, groceries, etc. I really feel like I'm somewhere between awake and dreaming. I haven't let this all sink in. I'm holding on to the strong feelings that we had before we came that this is what we are supposed to be doing. I feel a little sad and lonely, and I'm wondering why in the world we are here, but things will settle, and we'll find out what's in store for us. And I'm choosing to be happy. It is a choice, you know. Well, I just wanted to say thanks to our friends and family. You have all be so supportive of our decision to move here. I can't even tell you how much I miss all of you that are in Utah. We love you all!

4 comments:

Jon and Emily said...

Glad to here you guys have a cute apartment!! Jon and I are planning on doing most of our travling In the New England and Eastern areas so we might be in your neck of the woods some time the the future!!

anne said...

Glad you made it. Way to stay positive, that can be hard sometimes. Be sure to post pics of your apartment and the town. I've never been to Maine before. :)

Erin said...

I can't help but feel somewhat envious of your adventure. Yes, leaving the familiar is probably hard, but a new place to explore, new everything! Sometimes, I want to do that after Shaun finishes school. I'm glad you are there safe, post pics soon:)

Carrie said...

Glad you got to Maine okay. I can sympathize with you about wondering why you are going to a certain place. I'm feeling the same thing about our move to California. Have fun settling in. It will be great.